Sunday 9 February 2014

Hey guys!

It's the end of the week, and I've finally gotten my twentieth Night Lord highlighted and based. It's taken quite a while to get to this milestone, so I've decided to try out a few other models/paintjobs to celebrate.

In the end I opted to base-spray my Noise Marine and a Chaos Spawn, which will be the next models on my list to paint.

The Spawn is currently Work-In-Progress, so until then you'll have to put up with these two chaps!

In case you're wondering, the grenades are covering up an early attempt at removing purity seals from that dudes leg. It was a handy quick-fix!


A more elevated view to see the beakie helmet. I really liked how the helmet turned out, which was odd since I never considered myself a huge fan of them.



I've had a few ideas for Noise Marine paint schemes, one of which was to paint them as varying shades of greyscale. Kinda like dark grey all over with highlights of light grey and white on raised surfaces. I thought it was too muted to look like "perfection" though, so didn't roll with it. I don't like the original black and pink either, so that was out too.

I considered painting them as the Flawless Host too, before I saw the Purple Noise Champion on pg. 85 of the Chaos Codex. Without the tiger-print parts, it looks amazing! The painter must have used gloss to get that shine though, so they'll be my first glossed models! Awesome.

Anyway, that was my weekend. I'll leave you guys with an altered quote from the exorcism that my father thought up of that I found hilarious at the time:

"Your mother cooks socks in hell!"

See ya later on guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment