Tuesday 4 March 2014

Hey guys!

So I decided to get a model count going, and ended up with a grand total of 941 miniatures. Before we begin, I should mention that some miniatures I have listed as "painted" and others as "finished". Finished models are 100% done, while painted models either simply have everything on them painted or I have planned to give them a touch-up at some point. They aren't based or highlighted, in other words. Finished models tend to be, if they can be highlighted.

Tank models and monstrous creatures also only count as a single model for the sake of not making this too complicated to understand.

I should also mention that the painted category includes all finished models, because it can't be finished without being painted (As that would just be silly). So if I have ten models and three are painted, but only two are finished, that's 50% of those models painted, but only 20% are finished. Does that make sense? If not, let me know and I'll try to explain further in the comments.

Anyhoo, I did some calculations, and discovered that out of the following armies/categories:

  • Chaos Space Marines
  • Daemons of Chaos
  • Dark Vengeance
  • Fallout
  • Space Marines/Dark Angels
  • Warriors of Chaos
  • Orks
  • Miscellaneous
I  have 542 miniatures. Out of these, I have 152 (28.04%) painted and 80 (14.76%) finished.

These are the only categories/armies that I plan on eventually painting at some point, although not all of them are actually my top priority at the moment. For example, most of the Fantasy stuff is covered in glue, or is an army that I was never interested in, in the first place. The plastic Dark Elves are coated in glue and I never liked the Empire or Orcs (I got the starter set back when I was thirteen). 

The High Elves were given to me from my old Art teacher when an old friend of mine disappeared from town and moved away without notice. He had left the models and I had no way of contacting him unfortunately. I think he's in the British army now, but I digress...

The Tyranids don't interest me (I got them with the Battle for Macragge) and I hadn't planned on doing anything with Zombicide when I got it anyway. I have no interest in the Eldar models, other than painting them as Fallout power-armour guys/gals.

Anyway, that's my excuse for most of the excluded stuff! The only two other "lower priority" categories are the Orks and Miscellaneous category because I'm not as interested in them as I am in the rest.

So if we look at the models that I AM interested in(In other words, excluding the Orks and Miscellaneous categories), we have 453 models.

128 (28.25%) of these are painted, and 76 (16.77%) are finished. Woo!

If we drill down even further to my favourite army of all time (and my absolutely main priority), the Chaos Space Marines,  we have 237 models. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand... I thought I had this calculated earlier, but it seems that I didn't. I have to catch a lift in a few minutes, so I'll just edit this again later!

Edit: It's later!

So we have 237 models, 96 of which are at least painted. That's 40.5% which is quite good considering that they're my main target when it comes to getting everything painted.

I also have 51 models that are finished, which is 21.51% of the entire Chaos Space Marine army.

I think I'll copy Chickenbane's idea and have a "current percentage" type section somewhere in the list to the right of these posts too.

Anyhoo, see you Sunday!

G'luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment