Sunday 22 February 2015

Hey folks!

In between watching episodes of The Office and Spartacus, I managed to finish off painting some models, finalised some modelling and test out Tamiya's Grass Effect texture paint. It's meant for dioramas, but it looks pretty sweet on a Rhino! I also took all of these images on an old piece of scenery I made years ago that I still like. I think it makes the images more interesting.

The Night Lord touch-up project only has six models to go, so once that's out of the way I'll have twenty-one models painted to the following standard:






I'll be glad when they're done. I really think the lens effect sets them apart, and doesn't take too long to apply.

Next up, Tamiya's Grass Effect Paint on my Rhino:



Looks pretty good too! I think the next few tanks I have will have scratches/etc.

Next, the following models are re-takes on some of the Chaos Mercenary models that I worked on a while ago. I didn't like how some of them looked, and thought that they should look closer to their fluff. They didn't really follow any fluff other than "generic Chaos Space Marine", so it was easy to pick out a few details to draw upon.

Also, this first guy is actually a member of the Black Legion. The twist is, he's an Oath-Broken! Cast out by his legion, he finds little more acceptance from the Mercenary troupe. I'd like to think of him as one of the more experienced, yet cursed, members of the group; the primary reason that he is tolerated... He has a hook hand, plenty of war-plate damage and some metal banding on areas of his armour where the damage has been severe enough to impact it's performance. I think he'll add a lot of character to the group:





Next up is a member of the Brotherhood of Darkness. I picked this warband because they seem to have some kind of tie-in with the Night Lords. They also use the same "batwings with a skull" motif as the Night Lords, which allowed me to use a Night Lord shoulder-pad on this model. I also mutated him up a bit and gave him a Power Fist, since I'll be using him as an Aspiring Champion:




Next, a member of the Disciples of Destruction. I saw lots of imagery where they had scrolls, etc, attached to their armour. I replaced the bolt pistol arm with a metal one that had a purity seal on it. I also nipped the sword-arm at the wrist and replaced the rest of the arm with a regular Chaos Space Marine arm. This was mainly to allow for more chest space on the model, to accommodate more scrolls:



Last on the painting front, I finished Hasslefree Clint. He's based on Joel from The Last Of Us, so I painted him up accordingly. I added some blood to his Machete too, since it looks sweet:







Any constructive criticism is appreciated. 

Thanks and good luck!

2 comments:

  1. There aren't enough hook hands in the 41st millennium! That grass effect is pretty sweet too, although it reminds me of my lawnmower when the grass is wet. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jason! I got the Tamiya Grass Effect from my local model shop, just figured it'd make the tank look cooler. I think the Predator will have a LOT more weathering done on it!

      Delete